Acrylic Candle Holder Engraving
This creative home decor project features a unique acrylic candle holder. Sporting the Chinese symbols for "wise," "strong" and "secure," this modern accessory is a great addition to any room.
- Acrylic (we used 1/4-inch thick light blue and clear acrylic, but you are welcome to use any colors you like.) Each acrylic tile measures 5-inches high and 5-inches wide when it is cut.
- Small glass votive candle holder - ours was approximately 2 1/2-inches high and 2 inches in diameter.
- Tea light
- Clear acrylic adhesive - like that from LaserBits.
- Masking tape (this will be necessary only if your acrylic does not have a protective covering.)
- An Epilog Laser System
We used a 35-watt Helix with the following settings: 35% speed, 100% power for engraving and 4% speed, 100% power for cutting, 5000 frequency.
- First, open the file 1_candle_secure.cdr
- NOTE: We left the English version of the symbols on all files for your reference. We did not include the text on the engravings.)
- Place your acrylic in the machine.
- If your acrylic does not have an adhesive backing, use masking tape to alleviate any smoke damage to the material.
- NOTE: For your convenience, the Chinese symbols have already been "mirrored" in CorelDRAW so they appear correct when viewed from the non-engraved side.
- Run the file with the suggested settings for your laser.
- Repeat the steps above for all files.
- After each piece is done being engraved and cut, remove the tape to see the clean, crisp engraving.
- Arrange the pieces in a way this is appealing to you - we stacked them diagonally so the symbols fall in the corner of each blue piece and the center of the clear acrylic piece.
- Once you are satisfied with the placement of your pieces, use the acrylic adhesive to secure them in their final positions.
- Place the tea light in the center and you're done.
Get More Information
We'll send you a brochure, as well as engraved and cut samples created with the laser.
Visit our full Sample Club for more ideas of what you can create with a laser system from Epilog.
View our full line of Co2 and Fiber laser engraving and cutting systems to see which is right for you.
MELBOURNE | SYDNEY | BRISBANE | ADELAIDE | PERTH
17 Military Road, Broadmeadows
Victoria, Australia 3047
P: 1300 20 15 10 (Australia only)
P: (+61) 3 9359 0688 (International)
E: Send a message
Tech Support: Send a message
Portions of this page translated by Google.